As part of The Walt Disney Company since 1995, ESPN has been in the United Kingdom since 2001. We have continued to grow our brand presence since 2008 and have become an important brand within the minds of sports fans and in the wider Disney organisation. As a leader in multimedia sports entertainment with over 50 business assets, we televise 65 sports in more than a dozen languages on all seven continents.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Rights Acquisition to join our team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.Aims of the Job:
The Senior Manager, Rights Acquisition will play a key role in contributing to the development of strategy for sales, acquisitions and new business, providing support the Director, Media Distribution to allow ESPN to significantly grow its rights portfolio.
Working as part of the Commercial team and reporting to the Director, Media Distribution, the role will have specific focus on media rights acquisitions but will also support the development, planning and execution of ESPN's commercial strategy.
Responsibilities will include:Rights Acquisition and Media Distribution
Commercial Partnerships and Business Development
- Mid to long range planning for ESPN's rights acquisitions strategy.
- Key member of the team reviewing RFPs and answering formal tenders, drive the valuation process and implement clear process and communication across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a distribution strategy across sales and acquisitions for the growth and advancement of ESPN's content sales business and direct to consumer services.
- Providing cross-platform analysis in relation to rights acquisitions.
- Building upon existing network of contacts to better establish ESPN as a desirable distribution partner or rights agent candidate.
- Modelling of major sales and renewal proposals.
- Developing and implementing a tactical process which will challenge the sales team to better understand where and how to maximise revenue, reach and ad sales value.
- Supporting the identification, analysis and implementation of new business development opportunities, in particular monitoring the competitive landscape in search of emerging trends and threats.
- Supporting preparation of presentations to senior management on strategy and business development initiatives.
- Understanding and map the commercial ecosystem in relevant markets outside of the UK (broadcasters, SVOD providers, existing commercial partners, etc.).
Suitable candidates will offer the following skills and experience:
What we offer:
- Strong commercial skills and proven experience in media rights acquisition/sales
- Commercial and online experience in UK/Europe in new media, sports and broadcasting markets
- A background in digital and social media and a firm grasp of emerging technologies and their impact on the Sports market
- Existing working relationships up to Managing Director or equivalent in digital platforms, telcos and television broadcasting
- Strong understanding of contractual negotiations
- Must be a team player with the ability to think strategically and execute rapidly
- Comfortable and conversant with new technology applications
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Right to work in the UK
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK
See descriptionRole: Senior Manager, Rights Acquisition Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.