Secondary Autism Teacher
Pay £140-220 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience supporting children in the UK.
Contract dates: September start- temp to perm contract.
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an experienced Secondary Austism Teacher. The role will involve working with a range of 11-16 year old secondary SEMH and autistic students who have complex needs and have the full expectations of a class teacher (planning, prep and marking) Class sizes range from 3-6 students who are supported by two or three specialist SEN learning support assistants. This is a new build “Good” school with fantastic facilities enabling a fantastic working and learning environment. This forward-thinking school encourage class teachers to think outside of the box and arrange class trips out into the community. This is a September role, and the school are hosting interviews during the summer break.
- Have experience in a secondary or SEND school.
- Have previous teaching experience of working with students with ASD and SEMH
- QTS registration
- Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Secondary ASC and SLD Teacherwho can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.