Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct compliance inspections to determine areas of improvement as per check sheet based on regulatory requirements (Check Sheet & training will be provided)
2. Perform walkthroughs and audits as per check sheet based on conformance with EHS program requirements (Check Sheet & training will be provided)
3. Support efforts regarding PPE assessments, Job Hazard Analysis, Lockout Tagout reviews, etc.; also includes conducting some of these tasks (Check Sheet & training will be provided)
4. Lead the Safety Committee (training will be provided)
5. Support efforts to conduct compliance training for employees; may include administering training, tracking and record retention (training will be provided)
6. Support incident investigations and root cause analysis
7. Responsible to conform with EHS requirements as established under site programs
8. Monitor PDCA completion with respective teams
9. Escalate issue for no action:
- First: Responsible for the action
- Second: EHS Specialist
- Third: General Manager
- Fourth: General Manager
10. Plan and implement action plans for continuous improvement in accordance with the direction given by the EHS Manager.
11. Treat all staff with dignity and respect. Monitor staff performance.
12. Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve workplace safety & organization.
13. Adhere to environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as needed at the discretion of the EHS Manager.
· Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Working knowledge of health and safety policies.
· Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal).
Experience mobility – Drive the future.
As an automotive supplier, ElringKlinger has become a trusted partner to vehicle manufacturers with a firm commitment to shaping the future of mobility. Be it optimized combustion engines, high-performance hybrids, or environmentally-friendly battery and fuel cell technology, ElringKlinger provides innovative solutions for all types of drive systems. ElringKlinger’s light weighting concepts help to reduce the overall weight of vehicles. As a result, vehicles powered by combustion engines consume less fuel and emit less CO2, while those equipped with alternative propulsion systems benefit from an extended range. In response to increasingly complex combustion engine technology, the Group also continues to make refinements with regard to gaskets in order to meet the highest possible standards. Additional solutions include thermal and acoustic shielding components as well as particulate filters and end-to-end exhaust gas purification systems for engines used in stationary and mobile applications. The Group‘s portfolio is complemented by products made of the high-performance plastic PTFE which are also marketed to industries beyond the automotive sector. These efforts are supported by a dedicated workforce of more than 8,700 people at 47 ElringKlinger Group locations around the globe.
Role: 2nd Shift EHS INSPECTOR (Manufacturing)
Apply for this job now.