An exciting position has become available for a full time Healthcare Assistant to join our friendly team based in Stoke Newington (N16 0QQ).The successful candidate will earn £9.25- £9.50 an hour, shifts will be flexible. If you have experience in health and social care or have previous experience as a carer for a minimum of 6 months then this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career and join a fantastic company.
- Basic Literacy & Numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake QCF or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the needs of the resident and the role of the Carer/Health Care Assistant (HCA)
- Willing to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
- To acquaint yourself in the handover meetings and from the establishment's records with the likely needs of the residents and to respond accordingly
- To encourage residents to maintain their independence by allowing them to undertake such normal, personal daily living activities for which they are individually capable
- To assist in basic home nursing procedures as required
- To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other simulative activities
- To develop and maintain close links with relatives, friends etc.
- To be aware of the contents of any social work/hospital reports and observe the confidentiality of such reports
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time
- To attend staff meeting and any relevant meetings of the home as may be required.
- To receive individual supervision from your line manager
- To assist, as delegated, in the training and support of volunteers
Company + Benefits
Our client is a forty-four capacity Jewish care home, providing an excellent interior and atmosphere for a comfortable retirement, with skilled and friendly carers on hand throughout the day and night.
With comfortable dining and living areas, our client supports active daily living, also with good wheelchair access and an enclosed garden.
Their fantastic team of carers are experienced in a depth of care issues, including in the provision of services for individuals diagnosed with dementia.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- Meals at subsidized costs
- Flexible working pattern
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to become part of an excellent team
- To make a positive impact on a service user's retirement
- Excellent benefits provided
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: healthcare, healthcare assistant, QCF, residents, retirement, living activities, flexible shifts, full time