Quality Engineer Job Functions:
Lead and facilitate the implementation of global and site specific quality initiatives and their continual improvement. Responsible for the day-to-day site quality engineering activities including material disposition, internal/external concern management, APQP/FMEA/PPAP activities, metrology management, etc. Lead/coach and facilitate problem solving, analysis of data and continual improvement activities.
Quality Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, analyze and provide solutions for quality related problems and opportunities.
- Technical quality liaison between the customer and site manufacturing process.
- Responsible for customer concern management and corrective action request process.
- Responsible for and/or participate in material review board activities.
- Represent quality assurance team in Advanced Product Quality Planning process and control plan development.
- Facilitate the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Process Sign-off (PSO), and other customer specific requirements.
- Responsible for FMEA development and maintenance.
- Participate in customer and internal requested Engineering Change Requests.
- Lead, coach, and develop quality assurance team members.
- Participate in the layered audit process and as an internal management systems auditor.
- Operate and program equipment/gages in Quality and Metrology Labs, including the CMM.
- Data entry, creating, filing, organizing and communicating documents as required.
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion in line with the Company guidelines
- Other duties as directed by the Quality Manager.
Quality Engineer Formal qualifications required:
Bachelors Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or ASQ Quality Engineering Certificate preferred.
Quality Engineer Soft Skills and Other Competencies:
- five years + experience/exposure in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in quality system development, automotive quality systems/technical specification.
- Possess management system auditing and problem solving skills and experience in customer concern management.
- Computer Skills, including Internet Interactive Sites
- Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, Word and Access
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques, data analysis and root cause tools.
- Self directed, goal oriented individual possessing excellent communication, presentation, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to teach/train/facilitate and lead the execution of Quality initiatives in a team environment.
- Willingness to work in both an office environment and on the plant floor
Interested and qualified candidates for the Quality Engineer opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Senior Technical Recruiter/ Staffing Mentor
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.