The Senior Accountant will assist in accurately maintaining the company's accounting records and documentation, including month-end reporting, involving inter-company allocations and journal entries, support the company's external review, and assist with additional accounting and operational projects, as assigned. We are a biopharmaceutical company in Gaithersburg, MD, and previous manufacturing experience would be desired.
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries, including but not limited to, inter-company sales, inventory, and purchase allocations, as well as other recurring journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations and supporting schedules to assist in tracking company transactions
- Work with accounts payable specialists to ensure all invoices are tracked and paid in a timely and accurate fashion in line with company policy
- Assists with the maintenance of the company's accounting data, requiring discussion with team members inside and outside of the department, decision making, and documentation.
- Ensure deliverables are performed efficiently and are of high quality; timely and accurate.
- Efficiently reconcile the company's high-priority general ledger accounts back to internal reports, including but not limited to, inventory, accounts receivable, and monthly revenue.
- Model and foster an environment designed to the company's values.
- Discover and recommend continuous improvement of financial reporting tools, which scale with the company's growth.
- Support strong internal and external customer relationships, as well as working relationships with team members within and outside of the department to ensure the success of deliverables and major projects.
- Interact with external auditors and accounting consultants
- Support department in the maintenance of finance and accounting policies and procedures specific to the company
- High level of attention to detail; Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese/Mandarin
- High level of proficiency in QuickBooks
- Demonstrate focus on continuous improvement and growth, as well as a sense of urgency and the ability to perform under tight time constraints.
Powered by JazzHR