O'Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our Client, a residential construction contractor.
The successful candidate will be based in Cork; andmust have a minimum of 5 years' experience as Quantity Surveyor on commercial/residential projects.
Quantity Surveyor Duties Include:
- Producing programme vs cost cash flow projections in conjunction with all teams.
- Reviewing progress & programme & tracking cost implications.
- Complying with & Implementing the Quality plan strategy.
- Liaising with Senior Project Managers in creating a one team culture and approach to delivering the project to the Time, Cost, Quality and Corporate Responsibility targets and deliverables, always acting in the best interests of the company.
- Provide accurate and timely data to the Commercial Lead to enable them to report to the Project Director & Commercial Director.
- Valuing and developing people, both staff and operatives' level
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client, Design team, Sub-Contractors, and other stakeholders, conducive to securing future work.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning.
- Be responsible for obtaining necessary technical, Health & Safety and personal training and development to meet both external (legislation etc.) and internal (increased performance etc.) demands.
- Contribute to minimising the negative impact of operations and maximising opportunities to improve the quality of the built environment for future generations.
- Share best practice and apply principles in community involvement. Make our performance visible and maximise the beneficial impact of our activities.
- Preparing and updating Cost Value Reconciliations
- Preparing Contracts and assisting the senior QS agreeing terms
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Third level qualification in a construction related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business
- Build soft and Cubit experience an advantage
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Contractors & Management
- High Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract requirements
- Knowledge and awareness of contractual and commercial management
- Experience in commercial/ residential builds would be an advantage
- Financial management from preconstruction to completion.
- Knowledge in dispute resolution would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Office advanced user skills advantage
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, presentation and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
If you are interested in the above role, please send your CV to #removed# or call Andrew on #removed# for a confidential conversation.