The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-5 years direct brokering of freight. This position has the responsibility for moving customer freight solutions and booking the loads. It involves a high volume of customer interaction, including prospecting, cold-calling, qualifying, closing deals and account management. The company offers a competitive salary, excellent commission and bonus plans.
Carrier Sales Reps are responsible for developing capacity solutions to support clients' supply chain. Relationship building is a major component of this role. Along with managing client loads and matching carrier capacity; you will work to find the best solutions for all parties involved.
- Ensures highest customer satisfaction possible.
- Cooperates with Sales / Marketing Department to enhance customer service.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Assigns vehicles according to factors such as length and purpose of trip, freight or drivers available hours.
- Records trip number, origin, destination, cargo, expected time of delivery and drivers* hours of service available.
- Confers with customers to expedite delayed products.
- Understands 'Hours of Service* regulations and ensures all drivers obey these regulations.
- Ability to take after hours / weekend call duty on occasion
Robert Heath Trucking is one of the oldest premier refrigerated asset based carriers in the country. Founded in 1939 Robert Heath trucking has been providing groceries to Americans all over the US for over 75 years. Robert Heath Trucking is proud to be recognized as a woman owned enterprise, and takes great pride in providing world class service to our Fortune 500 customers. Heath tailors service standards to meet our customers ever changing expectations. Heath Trucking creates sound business solutions using our vast experience and resources.
Role: Freight Broker - Carrier Sales
Apply for this job now.