Dickinson Cameron Construction has immediate openings for experienced Project Managers to join our team!!!
The ideal candidate is a team player, with great initiative, organizational skills, time management, computer and communication skills, who will embrace our company's business values. Our team delivers top quality work through a collaborative process while keeping our customers’ best interests. With internal training and necessary support and resources, project managers act on their own initiative to manage and complete project planning, scheduling, budgeting and implementation while meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a growing, results-driven company that has many new project opportunities ready to pursue.
Project Managers manage multiple high-profile projects from pre-construction to final close-out, develop and maintain long-term client relationships, and deliver constructive feedback in managing client accounts. Project managers are ultimately responsible from start to finish, including all paperwork, schedule, budget and file to assure effective delivery and completion of a project once estimated/bid and contracted. This position reports to the project executive (s) and work in collaboration with the estimating and administrative support team.
- Minimum 5 years' of project management experience with a general contractor independently managing diverse projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in Retail and/or Restaurant construction (Ground-up/TI/remodels) highly preferred.
- Proven experience managing & estimating multiple projects and projects team
- Strong computer skills - MS Project, Blue beam, MS Word, PowerPoint, and a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency and experience using construction industry software with Sage 300 (Timberline) highly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree - construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
- Must love to travel up to 25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the construction project from beginning to close including overseeing profit and loss, labor management, and documentation and safety records.
- Respond to formal bid request- creates proposal based on RFP from client and includes Project Schedule;
- Full accountability in reviewing plans for scope, develops scope sheets, and submits bids accurately to RFP, build schedules with milestones and deliverables at time of contract negotiations.
- Ensures accuracy of startup sheet, budget with proper job costs and scope coverage;
- Reviews, negotiates and awards subcontracts prior to issuance to ensure there are no scope gaps;
- Creates RFI's, owners change order and submit to Architect/Client; Tracks response(s) and determines potential cost & schedule implications, & generates appropriate change order;
- Generates Submittals / Procurement Schedule and ensures accuracy of internal logs;
- Ensures all pay applications are satisfied with contract payment terms;
- Reviews/approves/rejects subcontractor, supplier invoices for progressive and final payments;
- Builds outstanding relationships with clients and communicates with them throughout all phases of a project.
- Complete closeout within 45 days of project turnover.
The physical and work environment requirements of these positions are :
Physical Demands: Employees works in a corporate environment and at the project job site. The typical activities regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Furthermore, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, occasionally lift and/or move and/or push up to 20 pounds. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time 8 hours or more. The team member performs movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers displaying dexterity when performing computer work. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and perform an activity.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks of working in an office and construction environment that may be exposed to climate changes. An essential function is to expressing or exchanging ideas and instructions verbally or written to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly-privately or group setting. An employee may be required to perform duties outside of normal responsibilities from time to time and at any time, as needed.
Please include your resume and project list for consideration.
This is a full time position that offers competitive pay, medical, dental, vision benefits, sick & vacation pay, holiday pay, flexible spending account, cell phone allowance and 401k retirement plan with employer match!
*** This position DOES NOT sponsor employment visa ***
Visit our company website # for the detailed job descriptions and our other job openings for our corporate offices in NY & CA and field positions.
Dickinson Cameron Construction (DCC) is a national retail and restaurant construction management firm. Projects range from build-outs to landmark ground-up commercial development projects. DCC’s executive team and project managers work closely with handpicked vendors and subcontractors to control costs, deliver quality and add value to every project. The company’s client list includes Apple, Hermes, Cartier, Chanel, Barney's, Burberry, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Tesla, Valentino, Eureka Restaurant, Lazy Dog Restaurants, Yard House Restaurants, Flour and Barley Restaurant and more. Please visit #removed#
Role: Construction Project Manager
Apply for this job now.