A production team member is expected to show a dedicated effort to their team in their attendance, attitude, safety, working as a team, in showing cooperative efforts involving change and continuous improvement initiatives, and in producing and verifying that quality product is made.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Function satisfactorily. The items listed below are representative of these essential functions for this role and may not be a comprehensive list of duties, responsibilities, or expectations.
- Responsible for following Standard Process Instructions (SPI), work instructions, and Operating Procedures (OPR's) to ensure that parts are produced/processed to required specifications which involves visual inspections, verification of weights and measurements, and the recording of accurate data.
- Responsible for adhering to all Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment.
- Responsible for loading and unloading parts at presses, furnaces, and deburring units.
- Packages parts per specifications (as applicable).
- Responsible for successfully completing training requirements as specified within the levels program.
- Individuals directed by management to operate a vehicle for work purposes will observe the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
- Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of SSI Sintered Specialties, LLC. which includes following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our Quality Management and IS0 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret work instructions. Ability to complete daily documentation requirements.
Ability to use a computer to record Plex transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Energetic and self-driven person, with attention to customer expectations.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player with an ability to operate in a cross functional organization
- Demonstrates comfort level in interacting others.
- Organized, detail orientated and executes with a sense of urgency.
An individual in this role may be expected to perform his/her Essential Functions and Responsibilities in the following Working Environments. NOTE: Based on Essential Functions and Responsibilities, business needs and conditions, and/or requests for reasonable accommodations; aspects of this section may be subject to change.
Physical Demands and Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 10 lbs.
Up to 25 lbs.
Up to 50 lbs.
Movement and Mobility
Close (≤ 20 in.)
Distance (≥ 20 ft.)
NOTE: Hearing Protection is Required in all SSI facilities at 85 dB. or higher at all times
Low Noise (> 85 dB)
Moderate Noise (≥ 85 dB)
Cognitive and Acumen