The purpose of this position is to promote and restore patient health by completing the nursing process, working with physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team. Provide physical and psychological support to patients and family members.
New graduates are encouraged to apply!
We are offering a $5000 Sign-On Bonus to Full-Time new hires!
Shift: Full Time Nights ---- Adult
Pay Range: $18- $24 per hour (based on experience)
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Hours
- Medical Reimbursement Flex Account
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit of Paychecks
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Extensive hands-on training and case orientation for all levels of experience.
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training
- Employee Recognition Events and Program
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds a current Licensed Practical Nurse license in MN.
Essential Job Duties:
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides home care nursing as scheduled.
- Completes documentation of the client’s care during scheduled shift.
- Attends multidisciplinary client care conferences as requested.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Instructs clients and caregivers according to the plan of care.
- Assists with developing client plan of care.
- Makes nursing assessments and reports significant changes in the client’s condition to the family, DON and physician.
- Communicates to physicians any changes in the client’s condition.
- Obtains physician orders for changing client care needs.
- Revises the plan of care based upon assessment findings.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality care provision.
- Exhibits good written and verbal communications.
- Maintains accurate and current drug profiles for clients assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates punctuality, dependability, and the ability to follow direction
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Dedication to customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Basic office equipment/computer proficiency
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Hiawatha HomeCare has been providing the highest quality home care since 1988. We have specialized in providing care for those that have advanced complex medical needs. Over the years we have grown from having one client to having served over 700 clients. We employ over 150 professional nurses, many of whom have been with us for greater than 10 years.
Surrounding clients with consistent caregivers creates a healthier environment for everyone and Hiawatha HomeCare is dedicated to providing a core group of caregivers to each client. The client knows the nurses better and develops a higher level of trust in their care and the nurses are able to focus on client health issues and recognize changes to their baseline more quickly. The result is a healthier client, both physically and emotionally, a comfortable family home, and a strong, stable care environment. Continuity of care is a hallmark of Hiawatha HomeCare.
Our employees are dedicated to providing quality care and superb customer service. We understand that accepting strangers into your home is a difficult process and we are dedicated to making this experience as comfortable as possible. We work closely with you on professional boundaries such as identifying private spaces in the house and family/staff daily interactions. We work with you to interact with the staff in a manner that still allows your house to feel like your home.
We encourage you to participate in your loved ones plan of care. You can have a voice in care planning and daily cares with Hiawatha HomeCare along with providing input into staff selection. You can feel confident that your loved one is receiving the appropriate care from the people who work best with your familys culture and style. Hiawatha HomeCare is sensitive to the cultural beliefs of our clients. We respect the customs of all people and ensure that every effort is made to adhere to clients guidance and direction when providing care in their homes.
We value your feedback and want to promptly address any concerns or questions you may have about the safety and quality of care you receive.
Role: LPN Home Care
Apply for this job now.