OUTLINE OF DUTIES:
Responsible to manage the entire manpower allocation of the Production Departments while meeting the sales/customer demands. Responsible for utilizing the resources available with the emphasis on minimum cost and maximum throughput while maintaining quality, utilization of equipment and ensuring excellent morale of the manpower resources.
· Comply and enforce all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
· Responsibility and authority over all personal, equipment and materials in the production departments/process.
· Responsible for the planning and overseeing of the production process including but not limited to working out the personnel and material resources needed, making adjustments to the production processes and personnel levels as required and the selection and maintenance of equipment required for the Department.
· Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
· Drafting a timescale for the job with estimated and costs and quality standards.
· Working with subordinates to implement the Company’s goals and objectives.
· Supervising and motivating a team
· Reviewing the performance of subordinates and identifying any training and/or development needs.
· Liaising among internal and external contacts including customers, vendors, Supervisors from all different departments.
· Ensuring product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
· Defining quality measures in conjunction with working personnel.
· Understanding, evaluating and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the product modifications.
· Directing workers engaged in testing and measuring product, tabulating the data relating product, quality, and materials.
· Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures.
· Supervising technical team in carrying out checks and tests.
· Collating and analyzing performance charts and data against defined parameters.
· Writing management and technical systems reports.
· Coaching, managing, mentoring and developing new and existing employees.
· Ensure the proper training is completed prior to the assignment of any tasks.
· Complete all relevant and required documentation prior to shift ending.
· Participate and complete all Health and Safety training or any other training mandated by the Company.
· Promote and participate in a safe and healthy work environment
· Other duties as assigned by the management team.
· Possess 7-10 years of supervisory or related experience in a fast paced production/manufacturing environment.
· Education: MBA or equivalent
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizing, planning and problem solving skills
· Ability to train personnel
· Ability to lift up to 23kg (50 lbs)
· Ability to find information, document relevant information and knowledge of computers
· Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
· Ability to work all shifts (days, afternoons, midnights)
Automotive Metal stamping industry with locations in Sylacauga, AL. and Bowling Green , KY
Role: General Supervisor
Apply for this job now.