EMPLOYEE: REPORTS TO: Owner
- Effectively operates and manages all aspects of a child care school, to include human resources, customer relations, financial systems, quality control and facility management.
- Provides creative, age-appropriate programs to all children served at the academy.
- Actively develops and maintains positive customer/community relations. Maintains high capacity utilization and manages all resources effectively and within budget.
- Establishes strong working relationships with state licensing authorities.
- Ensures academy compliance with all federal and state laws, as well as Kiddie Academy® policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and record keeping on a timely basis and maintains same in an organized, up-to-date manner. This includes all academy files: for example, student, personnel, vehicle, driver, health and safety files.
- Plans academy activities and actively participates: for example, staff meetings, training sessions, open houses, planning sessions.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all state licensing authorities, approved vendors and community contracts.
- Meets all state requirements for the position.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with academy staff.
- Recruits, selects and trains qualified employees
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained and helps develop staff through career growth and guidance.
- Anticipates staffing needs, prepares and posts weekly staffing schedule, and modifies it accordingly depending upon daily attendance in each classroom.
- Ensures state staffing regulations are met at all times.
- Evaluates staff via written performance summary on a quarterly and yearly basis and at other times as needed; recommends merit raises for staff.
- Counsels staff on performance issues; follows Kiddie Academy® guidelines for disciplinary action and procedures.
- Submits new staff or staffing changes to licensing representative and maintains up-to-date Human Resources files.
- Trains staff to plan and implement creative, developmentally appropriate programs for all children.
- Ensures that quality control programs are sound and meet all state and Kiddie Academy® requirements.
- Actively participates in local professional associations: for example, local AEYC.
- Ensures management is available to greet parents during peak hours (6:30 - 9:00AM and 4:00-6:30PM).
- Ensures that facility meets all state, local and Kiddie Academy® requirements.
- Oversees the physical condition of the building and contents; seeks approval from ownership and requests repair work as needed.
- Monitors the janitorial work performed and reports to academy ownership any problems or concerns; works with vendors to rectify.
- Responds and follows up on all enrollment inquiries. Gives prospective customers tours of the facility and detailed information about Kiddie Academy® Philosophy, Mission, Core Values, programs and procedures.
- Develops and actively maintains positive communication with parents.
- Recognizes parent concerns, evaluates course of action and responds professionally to needs of parents.
- Ensures that staff is aware of specific parent concerns so that problems are resolved.
- Responsible for keeping disenrolled customers to a minimum; determines reasons for disenrollments and addresses problem areas which contribute to student turnover.
- Ensures proper telephone techniques are used.
- Under academy ownership’s direction, familiarizes self with academy budget to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints. Assists with drafting new budgets each year.
- Ensures that all computer-related record keeping requirements are met.
- Tracks all monetary transactions with customers and vendors as approved by academy ownership; this process may include approving invoices and providing all necessary paperwork to owner for payment and audit purposes.
- Manages all salary expenses within budgeted amounts and according to prescribed guidelines of compensation plan.
- Ensures that accounts receivable do not exceed specified percentage of posted revenue charges.
- Responsible for creating monthly newsletter for the academy.
- Completes state requirements for approved continued education training of 12 clock hours (or more based on local regulations) during the licensing year.
- Meets with licensing specialist during inspections and reports to academy ownership on a timely basis.
Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Candidate must have four year degree in Early Childhood Education or area of Child Development
with two years experience as a director or assistant director in a child care school. (Refer to local regulations for additional qualifications.)
NAEYC experience a plus.
For more than 35 years, Kiddie Academy® has been a leader in education-based child care. We serve families and their children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old, offering full time care, before- and after-school care and summer camp programs. Kiddie Academy’s proprietary Life Essentials® curriculum, supporting programs, methods, activities and techniques help prepare children for life.
When parents choose Kiddie Academy® for their childcare needs, they trust our expertise and dedication to the care and growth of their children. This is what we look for in the people we hire. When people come to work for Kiddie Academy, they choose an organization committed to their professional and personal growth.
We are looking for qualified Infant/Toddler, Preschool and School Age Teachers to join our community!
Role: Academy Director
Apply for this job now.