COMPANY: CHADWICK NOTT BRISTOL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, PartTime
My client a large and fast moving local authority based in Northamptonshire are now actively seeking to recruit a locum Litigation & Licensing Lawyer for an ongoing assignment.
The successful locum will deputise for the Senior Litigation Solicitor in his/her absence and assist in management and supervision of the team as required. You will provide legal advice to members and officers of the local authority, in relation predominantly, but not exclusively to the following areas of legal practice:
- Licensing law, (including taxis and private hire, alcohol licensing, entertainment and premises licensing, gambling and gaming licensing).
- Community and Environment / Public Protection, including environmental health, environmental protection, public health, food and safety.
- Commercial / non-residential tenancy enforcement
- Private sector housing enforcement work (including enforcement relating to Houses in Multiple Occupation)
- Insurance law (including areas such as personal injury, negligence, defective premises, occupiers' liability, employers' liability and public liability).
- Planning enforcement
- A mixture of local authority prosecution and litigation matters, general civil and criminal litigation matters including attending and advising decision-making bodies as required.
You will a qualified lawyer (Solicitor/Barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives) with at least 3 years relevant post qualification experience and with significant proven practical legal experience.
This is a part-time role offering 22 hours and due to commence in June for a minimum of 12 weeks.
Please note this role is inside IR35 and paying a competitive hourly rate.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.