Are you an experienced Registered Children's Home Manager looking for a new challenge?
If so, Safehands Recruitment could have your next career opportunity waiting for you.......
About the Company:
Due to inhouse development Safehands Recruitment are proud to be supporting the recruitment of a Children's Registered Home Manager on behalf of an established dedicated provider of residential care services for young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The company prides themselves on providing excellence in residential childcare and are passionate about providing authentic care in a safe, supportive, nurturing, and Therapeutic environment.
Our client currently has several homes and has ambitious plans to extend the variety of support they provide and to open new homes in the future as well as developing their staff and striving for 'Outstanding' care delivery in all of their homes!
Role of a Registered Manager
The ideal candidate will become part of a small, caring team supporting young people who present with Emotional Behaviour Disorders, currently have 3 young people between the ages of 8 and 18. You will be welcomed by a Full settled staff team and endless support from higher management.
The Registered Manager is accountable for delivering high quality care to the children and young people resident within the home. This means that they are responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all day to day management matters.
The Registered Manager is responsible for delivering childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home. Consequently, they are expected to demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person. This involves being personally available, as well as the supervision and mentoring of staff, organisation of work patterns, facilitation of care focussed training, and accessing of appropriate services to support the childcare practices within the home.
Key Skill / Experience of a registered manager
- Residential childcare (5 years minimum)
- 2 years as a senior residential childcare worker
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People workforce
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Therapeutic work
- An individual who has extensive experience of managing and working with young people with complex behavioural issues including mental health, trauma and attachment issues
- Leadership skills
- Staff supervision
- Well developed written and verbal communication
- Management of budgets and staff rotas
- Project management
- Can demonstrate an extensive knowledge and understanding of all current regulations related to Residential Childcare and can effectively apply these to the Day-Day running of the home.
Registered manager Rewards
- 28 days Holidays including back.
- On-site parking
- Career progression
- Sick pay
If you are interested in the above role, please click apply or call/ Text Steve on 07584 603 536