Hours: 9:30-2:30 Mon-Fri. (25 hours/wk)
The key purpose of this position is to help those who are unemployed or under-employed to get back into the workforce or increase their current potential through education.
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learns and uses operating practices of MUST Ministries.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries.
- Support learning through performance of essential job functions and perform other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Help clients overcome employment barriers through recommendations, resources, and training.
- Build relationships with employers in the community to develop an ongoing knowledge of job opportunities.
- Assist clients with resume writing, mock interviews, job searches, and ongoing tracking of the process.
- Search for job listings in the immediate area and communicate opportunities to clients.
- Prepare monthly reports and program statistics using Excel.
- Maintain regular contact with current employment clients via phone and /or e-mail.
- Input and update employment case management notes in Salesforce.
- Coordinate with the GADOL, WorkSource Cobb and other employment service organizations.
- Train and schedule Employment Services volunteers.
- 4 year college degree in business, communications, or human services.
- 1-3 years equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent people, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with diverse population.
- English/Spanish bilingual ability a plus.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook,Excel, and Word.
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Requires standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Work is performed in a day service environment.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
MUST Ministries strives to be a servant leader caring annually for 30,000 neighbors in need in seven counties. Founded in 1971, MUST helps people in need break the cycle of poverty by providing basic comprehensive needs such as groceries, hot meals, school food pantries, employment services, housing, emergency shelter, programs supporting at-risk children, and clothing. With physical locations in Cobb and Cherokee and programs in other areas, MUST is a non-profit organization that provides services without regard to race or religious beliefs.
Role: Employment Specialist
Apply for this job now.