Perform technical and professional work in a variety of areas, including employee recruitment, benefits administration, FMLA, LOA administration, training and development, HR Reporting and HR Record Maintenance. Provide assistance to Manager, Employee Relations, Manager, Safety and Loss Control, Manager, Corporate Security and Supervisor, Payroll under the direction of the VP of Human Resources. Must be a proficient payroll processing backup.
- Set up files for all new personnel. Ensure proper document completion in new hire orientation process and forward all documents to payroll for update. Retain records in line with company record retention requirements.
- Perform administrative functions/communications, prepare letters, memos, training materials, presentations, reports, postings and distribute when required.
- Process invoices authorizing payment for various office and other supplies.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, screen calls, and refer to proper manager for handling.
- Assist directly with inquiries relating to Human Resources Administration such as answering routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verification, job openings in line with company policy, employee benefits and/or direct to appropriate manager within the department.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Proof read all correspondence from the Human Resources Department.
- Assist with the development and training materials for company training programs.
- Assist with the administration of the performance management system.
- Administer all FMLA record keeping, tracking and reporting on FMLA leave and other leave programs.
- Maintain updated employee handbook.
- Maintain disciplinary and grievance logs for three plants.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by your supervisor.
- Serves as Alternate to Payroll Supervisor to ensure effective coverage of the Safe Quality Food responsibilities pertaining to that position.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have at least 3 year of HR experience in most functions of HR, including payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and internet usage and above average level of organizational skill and detail orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and grow and value continuous learning and development
- Must be a team player, possess excellent judgment and people skills and work well independently.
- Experience with Ceridian system is highly desired
Johanna Foods is a state-of-the-art food manufacturer located in Flemington, New Jersey. Privately operated since 1995, Johanna Foods is now one of the country's largest producers and distributors of fruit juices, drinks and yogurt. Our products include the popular La Yogurt and Sabor Latino yogurt, Tree Ripe juices, Earth Wise juice beverages, Ssips and Sabor Latino drinks and nectars, and Ssips aseptic drink boxes, all using cutting-edge technologies and only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. Johanna Foods is also a leading private label and co-pack juice and yogurt producer, manufacturing products for numerous leading retailers and brands.
What we offer:
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, vacation, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Role: Administrative Coordinator Human Resources
Apply for this job now.