TA Staffing, in partnership with a Nashville Based Manufacturing Company, is now hiring for Assembly Technician.
The Assembly Technician position will be responsible for assembly, wiring, and testing of optical sorting equipment using hand tools, power tools, soldering equipment; Also responsible for assembling the optical sorting equipment by following wiring diagrams, CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written directions.
1st shift, $13.25 per hour.
- Assemble optical sorting equipment according to CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written directions
- Produce sub-assemblies using hand tools, power tools and soldering tools according to wiring diagrams, CAD drawings, pictograms, verbal and written instructions.
- Construct pneumatic valve component assemblies and ejection sub-assemblies.
- Construct wire assemblies. Install wire assemblies into wire ways or conduit. Terminate wires or wire assemblies when given direction.
- Solder and assemble basic components onto circuit boards.
- Size, cut, thread and install piping for compressed air or electrical conduit.
- Operate powered tools including but not limited to, hand saw, drills, pipe threader, drill press, band saw and air tools. Complete associated training with each power tool used.
- Operate manual hand tools including but not limited to, screwdriver, pliers, wrenches and pipe wrench, soldering equipment, cutting devices. etc.
- Use, read and understand a tape measure, volt meters and internal electronic test fixtures as needed.
- Testing of components and assemblies, as well as self-monitoring work to maintain quality standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a shop, manufacturing, production, construction environment or equivalent experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to demonstrate basic math skills including adding, subtracting, and understanding fractions.
- Basic reading skills and ability to read English.
- Use of common hand and power tools.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and/or electrical schematics.
- Basic computer interface skills as taught by supervision.
Temp to hire, $13.25/hr. This is an interview position, resume required. Must pass drug and background test.
TA Staffing is an E-Verify, Equal Opportunity, and Drug-Free Workplace.
Role: Assembly Technician - 1st Shift
Apply for this job now.