Company: PHYSICIANS IMMEDIATE CARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
POSITION SUMMARY: Our Healthcare organization is seeking experienced Medical Billing Specialists to join our team. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in Medical Billing. Specialists will report directly to one of the Team Leads and the Billing Manager. This position is responsible for reviewing all applicable systems including practice management (PM) system, electronic health records (EHR) system, and online payer portals. Position is 95% remote after in office training, subjected to change based on business needs.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all internal and external customers of Physicians Immediate Care with an excellent service experience by consistently (1) supporting the Company's goals and mission, (2) following all Company policies and procedures, (3) providing quality customer service, and (4) following safety standards in performing all aspects of the functions below.
- Research all information needed to complete the billing process including getting charge information from Physicians and Providers
- Reviews and adds charge information into data entry program and/or processes electronic data batches and produce billing
- Prepares and submits clean claims to third party payers either electronically or by paper
- Check patients eligibility for Medicare patient via the Medicare site or via Real Time Eligibility
- Maintains required billing records, reports, and files
- Maintain strict confidentiality and compliance with all company and government policies and regulations
- Ensure all claims scrubbed are processed for end of month close
- Review all pending claims prior to end of month
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
High School diploma required
Billing & Coding Certificate and 1 year of experience
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!