The Medical Supervisor position is responsible for performing donor medical qualifications, determining donor suitability and handling donor reactions. Works closely with Center Physician, Management, QA, and staff to ensure center maintains compliance with SOPs, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP), and regulatory guidelines. Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information. A professional attitude must be displayed by the Medical Supervisor at all times. Plasma donors must be treated with respect and encouraged to return for future donations.
- Perform donor medical qualification in order to determine suitability.
- Answer and educate donors and staff on donor suitability and medical related questions.
- Treat and assess donor reactions. For severe reactions notify center Physician and provide follow up communication with donor.
- Provide counseling to donors with positive or reactive test results and abnormal SPEs.
- Review and post SPE test results and perform donor suitability evaluation every 4 months.
- Assist management in reviewing viral marker, Atypical, RPR and NAT test results as needed.
- Provide Hepatitis B education and immunizations to center staff.
- Provide education, qualification and immunizations (when applicable) to donors accepted into specialty programs and perform any additional follow up duties associated with the specialty programs.
- Assist in screening or collection work areas as needed.
- Maintain accurate inventory of emergency kit supplies and drugs.
- Provide additional medical education and training during staff meetings.
- Maintain compliance with EU, FDA, state, local and company-specific regulations related to employee and donor safety, unit suitability, and proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Maintain a professional, confidential, and courteous relationship with donors and work to maximize donor retention and production goals.
- Provide leadership through example and maintain open communication with management, QA, coworkers and center Physician.
- Maintain License certification and CPR certification.
- Perform other center related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Currently licensed as an EMT, LPN, LVN or RN in the state of hiring center, or if applicable another state belonging to the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Current CPR/BLS certification required
- Obtain certification as an MS Trainer
- Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible schedule (weekends, evenings, holidays) to meet production needs
- Ability to travel for initial training and specialty training when required
- Must be certified as a Medical Receptionist and Phlebotomist within five weeks of hire
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to push/pull/lift 30 lbs
- Ability to assist with lifting and transferring a donor
Part of UK-based Bio Products Laboratory, BPL Plasma has been a global leader in the plasma collection industry for more than 25 years. We’re proud to support the creation & manufacturing of lifesaving drug therapies by supplying high-quality plasma to people in need.
At BPL Plasma, the people who walk into our centers are much more than donors — they are lifelines. Their donation, quite literally, transforms the lives of patients around the planet.
Donating plasma makes it possible for:
An expectant mother to carry her child safely to term.
A little boy with hemophilia to experience a healthy, happy childhood.
A wounded warrior or burn victim to begin the healing process.
Role: Medical Supervisor-EMT, Paramedic, LVN, RN
Apply for this job now.