Carrier Sales Rep
Reports to: Carrier Sales Manager
The central mission of a Carrier Sales Representative is to maintain and increase GP by covering RTI’s freight through managing a portfolio of carrier accounts with specific measurable goals. Goals will be monthly, quarterly, and annual. The production will come by executing against RTI’s defined sales process to develop a strategy for ongoing growth and development of carriers. This role works with the sales and account management teams to define success for each customer and ensure RTI customers receive the best possible experience.
- Build a loyal and strong carrier base to provide the best value and service to our clients
- Procure consistent capacity from carriers
- Negotiate ad hoc freight with carriers via e-mails and phone calls
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the transportation brokerage industry
- Think strategically around brokerage freight to deliver RTI’s value proposition(s)
- Have strong negotiation skills in pricing and contract agreements
- Assign available freight to carriers within assigned team and provide the best plan for each load
- Address any questions or issues that occur during the time of pick-up through time of delivery
- Work with team manager and customer service team to accurately set all pick-up and delivery appointments
- Work with carriers and customers with any accessorial charges that occur while providing accurate information to team manager and customer service representative
- Accurately enter correct data in the system while brokering/dispatching a truck/carrier for each load assigned by the individual broker (All carrier contact information, driver name, truck number, trailer number, phone number, and email address should be noted with each order dispatched)
- Communicate with each carrier on assigned orders to ensure that service is provided on pick-up and delivery as the customer requires
- Work with team manager and customer sales team to accurately provide updates when needed for each load
- Work with team manager to assign carriers under the best rate and plan to fit needs of customers
- Work with team manager to assign freight that best fits our company’s goals and needs
- Achieve daily goals assigned by management
- Work with team manager to understand all customer information and needs to accurately provide the best service for each order accepted by the team
- Understand all functionality within our company’s system to accurately perform all broker/dispatch to carriers efficiently
- Maintain accurate billing information for each order assigned to carriers while providing it to the billing department, customer service representative, and team manager for correct payment
- Provide correct data on rates, spot pricing, and approvals to the proper billing department to insure all billing is accurate to meet the billing needs in a timely manner
- Provide proof of delivery or bill of lading on each assigned order, upon request
- Insure that all office property (including laptop and cell phone) are taken care of
- Flexibility to change to provide the best office structure to meet business needs
- Creative problem solver
- High attention to detail
- Goal oriented and driven
- Positive Attitude
- Hard work ethic and quality performance
- Strong Communication skills
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Goal/quota attainment
- Business acumen and skill competency growth
- Experience: 1-2 years in transportation logistics brokerage preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Carrier Sales Representative - Bonus Plan
Commission is paid as a % of the gross profit, after your monthly seat cost has been met. Seat cost correlates to the cost of your salary and benefits; you are paid commission monthly after you’ve generated enough GP to cover your seat cost. The following diagram outlines your total take home pay calculation. Based on your compensation package, your monthly seat cost is defined in the module below.
Base Salary + (Gross Profit - Seat Cost) X Commission % = Total Take Home Pay
Determine Seat Cost by combining variable costs associated with employing the sales rep (software licenses, salary plus % benefits, utilities, other)
Commission on Gross Profit- you will be paid 8% of the GP generated by the freight coverage on carrier relationships you have developed.
Riverside Transport was founded in the fall of 1993 with 10 Owner Operators, 20 Trailers, and a philosophy that still holds true today.
Our vision is to be the top performer in all that we do. We strive to be a top employer, provide superior service to our customers, and earn corporate respect from our competitors, so that we can be the company that everyone looks up to. Our 18 year history is proof that we are here to stay and can provide a stable partnership for our employees and customers. Today Riverside Transport operates over 1300 pieces of equipment and employs close to 500 people. We have Operation terminals in Kansas City, KS, Owensboro, KY and Neenah, WI. Our freight network ranges from Over the Road Long Haul, Short haul Regional, Local, and Dedicated. We have one of the most innovative Lease Purchase Programs in the industry, where payments are structured so that a driver can always get a paycheck, even while on time off.
Role: Carrier Sales Representative
Apply for this job now.