The Estimator's responsibility is to manage and administer the Estimating Process of various construction projects. In the performance of this function, it is the Estimator's responsibility to protect and promote Shorecrest Construction, Inc. interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports directly to: President and/or VP of Operations
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Evaluate bid documents (Drawings, Specifications, RFP), ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid the project
- Establish trade bid list, and bid scopes of work
- Distribute bid documents to the necessary trades, then follow up to ensure receipt and confirm if the sub/ supplier will bid. Ensure that we have appropriate coverage in all trades.
- Manage addenda process with subs and suppliers
- Perform quantity surveys to ensure knowledge of project and sub/ supplier estimates review
- Establish project schedule
- Know industry trends (pricing, management, etc.) for the types of projects we are chasing. Research as necessary.
- Work with Project Management team to establish the appropriate management team for each project (ensuring we have budgeted the right amount of time and cost)
- Submit our proposal on time
- Establish Value-Engineering alternates, list of Inclusions/ exclusions, and assumptions for every proposal.
- Turns over bid documents and subcontractor proposals in a clearly organized fashion to Project Management team. Reviews bids including assumptions, clarifications etc. with the team.
- Secondary responsibility to work with Project Management during the buyout phase to Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Will sometimes be called up to assist with Change Management on the projects
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and industry networking functions.
- To manage other duties as assigned from time to time.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization as further defined.
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar Scientific Field
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Ability to read and interpret plans and submittals from all disciplines
- Organizational skills and understanding of documentation and information transfer between Design Professionals and General Contractor
- Strong staff and construction management skills.
- Strong communication skills including written and oral. Fluency in Spanish is not required, but is preferred
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints and technical manuals.
- Advanced Excel skills and construction management software skills, with strong proficiency in Word, Outlook, Internet and on-line services.
- Experience with multiple phases and types of estimates i.e. Schematic Estimates, Hard Bid, Cost-plus, Pro-forma budgets, and Profitability studies.
- Must be able to travel within local region to visit and assess potential jobsite requirements.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload's dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment with travel to and visits to a Client's office, production facility and construction job sites.
- May be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site for an extended period of time.
- Conditions will vary, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by company and/or Client as required.
We are a General Contractor based in Miami, FL, which specializes in Luxury Residential and High End commercial projects. We focus on projects between $ 1 M and $ 15 M. The culture of our company is Fun, Dynamic and Entrepreneurial. We enjoy building and working together as a team. We have grown consistently over the last 10 years, and intend to become one of the most highly regarded contractors in the Southeast.
Role: Estimator - Construction
Apply for this job now.