This role is located in San Diego, CA Relocation assistance is provided.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: #removed#
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple is a self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. TuSimple Simulation Team is one of the core forces that accelerates the process of autonomous truck development. By creating complex virtual worlds with millions of realistic scenarios, we enable algorithm engineers to better understand and improve their modules with rapid iterations. We provide powerful, efficient, and safe testing environments to help validate, verify and benchmark the overall performance of self-driving car technology.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of engineers to design and build an engine that simulates traffic scenarios consists of AI agents, traffic lights, and various other objects
- Integrating with multiple algorithm modules to create and customize optimal testing environment
- Upgrade the engine with exciting features such as vehicle dynamics, physics engine, photo-realistic rendering, and more
What You'll Bring:
- 5-7 years experience writing modern C++ (11 or above)
- At least 2 years experience managing a high-performing team
- Solid knowledge of operating system and networking
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent skills in architecture design
- Proven ability to coach/mentor junior engineers
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Development experience in OpenCV and OpenGL
- Development experience in GPU programming
- Development experience in RTOS and Linux kernel
- Development experience in ROS
- Passionate about self-driving vehicles
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.