Teaching Personnel are one of the leading recruitment agencies in Wales and we work in partnership with schools across South Wales working as their sole recruiter, filling all their staffing requirements. We are working on behalf of our partner school in the Vale of Glamorgan to recruit for a Teaching Assistant supporting in a specialist Hearing Resource Base. This role is on a full time basis and will be starting the Christmas break for the rest of the academic year. We operate a temp to perm arrangement which can offer a school contract at the end of the agency placement.
The successful Teaching Assistant will supporting pupils with Hearing impairments, therefore you will need excellent communication skills and patience to ensure the learners are supported in the best way possible. Supporting pupils with Hearing impairments will mean you will need to work closely with the department lead to understand the individual needs of the pupils as the severity levels of the pupils impairments may differ.
Overview & Requirements:
- Graduates & experienced professionals welcome to apply
- Full time work - Mon-Fri 8:20-3:20
- Fantastic rates of pay - Up to £350 per week
- Possibility of a fixed term contract offered by the school to the right candidate
- Utilise your specific skills through a multiple of Subjects- Strong Emphasis on Maths & Science is needed at present
- Experience of working in a secondary school is required
- Excellent spoken and written English - the role will involve note taking
- Strong academic qualifications as the role involves supporting up to A Level
- Experience of working with pupils with hearing loss would be desirable
- A flexible approach and willing to work as part of a team
Benefits to you:
- Invaluable experience to support future PGCE, Masters Degree, especially in fields relating to Psychology and Education
- Ongoing support with registration from a dedicated team of consultants
- Referral Scheme - Bonuses starting at £50 per referral
- Free Safeguarding course and access to our CPD Academy for your professional development
- A trial in a setting relating to your chosen career path
Successful candidates have the opportunity to secure long term and permanent placements working through Teaching Personnel and our client schools. Working with Teaching Personnel will provide you with ongoing professional growth and career enhancing development.
If you would be interested in being put forward for this role or to find out about any other opportunities we have then I would love to hear from you. Please get in touch ASAP to discuss the number of roles we have available as the schools are looking to secure the right candidates before the Christmas break.