Have you ever dreamed of living & working on an Exotic Island? DynCorp International has an exciting opportunity located on Kwajalein Atoll (Marshall Islands) as a Marine Mechanic III. If you're ready to travel and work abroad. for 1 year or longer. This is the Opportunity for you!
The Marine Mechanic III troubleshoots and repairs marine engines, waterjets, and associated systems onboard assigned vessels.
- Troubleshoots and repairs engine equipment and systems on assigned vessels
- Supports all vessels' Chief Engineers or Engineers
- Determines specific parts, supplies, and material requirements for each task
- Conducts on-the-job training of junior or shop personnel as required
- Supports on-land vessel dry dockings, as well as, supporting maintenance and repairs on other equipment, and systems assigned
- Performs assigned systems tasks/efforts to include government directed work schemes under general direction
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with company procedures, standard operating procedures and applicable regulatory requirements
- Assists in operation and maintenance of the syncrolift
- Performing work on air compressors
- Conducting of general vessel inspections
- Ensure all tasks are preformed within the appropriate Hazmat and pollution control guidelines.
- Maintains vessel charts and maritime publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and understand operating manuals and/or service repair manuals written in English
- Working knowledge on troubleshooting and overhauling diesel engines
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, exploded view diagrams, engineering sketches, charts, and work orders
- Accurately maintaining all required records
- Accurately maintaining and accounting for all assigned government property
Experience & Education
- Three (3) years' experience in diesel engine repairs; prefer previous experience repairing marine diesel engines and systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Degree from a certified maritime vocational school or shipyard apprenticeship program preferred
- DDEC 60 Series qualification school certificate for tear down and rebuild preferred
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Marine Document (MMD) with a QMED- oiler endorsement or higher level license preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be prepared to be called out at all hours
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Possess a current U.S. Passport.
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. For more information, visit #removed#-intl.com.
Role: Marine Mechanic III
Apply for this job now.