COMPANY: BAYMAN TOPPING & SMYTHE
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £35,327 + flexible working + pension
Based in the beautiful Lakeland town of Kendal, this Finance Business Partner role is paying a salary of just over £35K for a 37 hour week, flexi time and an excellent pension. BT&S are pleased to be partnering Southlakes Housing in the Lake District to recruit for this newly created permanent position of Assets Business Partner. Looking for a Qualified Accountant (or actively studying to qualify), to join their finance team
This Finance Business Partner will be responsible for delivering a range of financial services to support the Assets Team to deliver a comprehensive budget, management and financial accounting service for:
Major Repairs programme
- Ensuring the timely and accurate reporting and forecasting of expenditure.
- Prepare the annual budget
- Prepare and present accurate and timely management accounts and financial forecasts
- Identifying capital expenditure and capitalising
- Maintain the component accounting fixed assets register
- Provide cashflow forecast information to support the accurate Group cashflow forecast.
- Support the Finance Manager in the coordination and production of the Group annual financial statements
- Prepare and submit the Group’s VAT return
- Maintain & prepare the anual budget for the non-housing fixed assets
Housing & Property Maintenance Subsidiary:
- Prepare the annual budget, and present accurate and timely management accounts and financial forecasts, enabling analysis of performance and supporting continous performance improvement.
- Prepare this divisions financial reports for the Board and the financial statements supporting the external auditors.
- You will ideally be a Qualified Accountant or actively working towards qualifying. You will have a proactive approach to form strong working relationships with other departments and external agencies.
- You will have experience of working within a finance team and be able to produce a set of management accounts, working knowledge of balance sheet accounting to deadlines.
- You must be able to work with and use complex data, establish and maintain working financial models to provide financial reporting and analysis to non-finance colleagues.
- You will have excellent Excel and other Microsoft application knowledge alongside working knowledge of computerised financial systems. An eye for detail and accuracy is a must and a strong understanding of financial controls, process, procedures, legislation and current practice.
- Salary of just over £35,000
- 37 hr 5 day week (flexibility around working patterns can be considered)
- Flexi time (plus ability to earn 13 flexi days per annum, one per month)
- 23 days leave (increasing 1 day annually to 28 days) + bank holidays
- 2 non-contractual privilege days to be taken between Christmas and New Year (when the office is expected to be closed)
- Excellent pension (2 options to choose from)