At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that others cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have a rare opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our team on a 6-month fixed-term contract! Our team provide a 24/7 service desk operation which supports our entire business.
Joining our friendly team, you will work closely with the Head of Service Management who will champion you to take ownership of the IT Service performance. The successful candidate will efficiently manage all contributors to the delivery of our service (including internal support functions and external suppliers,) and will take accountability for the readiness of new services and projects.
This role would suit an enthusiastic self-starter, with extensive experience in Service Delivery Management. The Ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, a zest for customer service and a genuine passion for continuous improvement.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage day-to-day activities to enable the delivery of service to the agreed levels, ensuring all tickets are logged and tracked in the service management platform (service now)
- Monitor and review the levels of IT services to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels
- Manage suppliers to maintain best practice operational methods, procedures and adherence to operational level and service contract agreements
- Provide service assurance consultancy for all new services and for existing services undergoing changes to support scope and/or deliverables
- Monitor and manage IT Expenditure, ensuring all financial targets are met
- Document, classify and assess all service risk on an ongoing basis, providing viable solutions and action plans
- Align to the Menzies Distribution Group standard for Business Continuity, ensuring processes are maintained and aligned to make certain IT services can recover and continue, particularly in the event of a major incident
- Ensure the optimisation of hardware, software and service assets by ensuring that all software licenses, end user devices, accessories and other IT equipment is recorded, monitored and controlled effectively
- Work closely with the Security team to ensure that security, standards, GDPR etc. are maintained
- Work closely with the DevOps team to improve and enhance overall service delivery
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ Years' experience in a Service Delivery role (Essential)
- A highly capable IT professional, with relevant experience of ITIL process governance and financial management
- Accustomed to dealing with people at all levels and exceptionally customer focused
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others in a cross functional environment
- Passionate about Service Delivery and how it can improve the customer experience
- Relevant working experience within Distribution or Logistics (Desirable)
- Relevant ITIL Accreditation (Desirable)
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM Toolset (Desirable)
- Hold a full UK driving license and be flexible to travel
- Ability and flexibility to work additional hours if business needs require
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU