Social Worker - Fostering
Rate - Negotiable
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos.
As a Social Worker responsible for the management of Fostering caseloads. You will work effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes.
The Fostering and Adoption Service recruit, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers. As a member of the team, you will match children to families and provide continual support. The Fostering Service manages through the process to leave care for the security of fostering.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in Telford area. The role in the Children's and Families department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Manage the undertaking of a range of assessments including Form F Assessment and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Act appropriately upon receiving referrals for viability assessments when allocated by the team manager / senior social work practitioner.
- Engage and empower service users, their carers and their support networks and actively to elicit service user and carer feedback in order to ensure person centred interventions.
- Recruitment and assessment of foster carers
- Carry out assessments as appropriate, including carer assessments and those of connected persons in the context of a special guardianship order (SGO)
- Attend court as and when required and to prepare and present any necessary reports.
- Work in partnership with other professionals e.g. Health, in order to provide appropriate and effective
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
We would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements. Please call Cindia on [... Click Apply...] for further details.