We at sys-tek, A Twining Company, an innovative commissioning services provider along with MEP engineering firm, and TAB (Testing, Adjusting, Balancing), are looking for a TAB Technician to work with our project team to complete various testing, adjusting, and balancing projects. This individual will have the ability to expand their experience and work alongside some the most reputable commissioning, TAB, and MEP engineering experts in the industry.
Commercial/Industrial HVAC Test & Balance Technician with experience in maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting a wide variety of air handling, exhaust systems, ductwork, and fluid flow equipment associated with commercial, institutional, and industrial HVAC systems. Ideal candidate will also have excellent written/verbal skills, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and will be proficient in algebra.
The following is an overview of the position’s job duties:
- Performs testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, using specialized tools and test equipment, to meet functional and performance standards;
- Inspect systems to verify compliance with plans, specifications, and equipment operating requirements;
- Diagnoses, adjusts, tests, and balances system components to achieve optimal system performance;
- Investigates system malfunctions and operation deficiencies to determine source and isolate and resolve problems;
- Ensures that HVAC systems are installed properly and are adjusted to meet design specifications;
- Reads and interprets system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and arrangement of system components;
- Layout, preparing for job, design review.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the test and balance field is required;
- Preferred candidates will possess the following certifications – NEBB, HVAC Technician and AABC;
- High school diploma (equivalent) or greater;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Confident working on ladders, lifts, rooftops or in tight spaces during all seasons;
- Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of self-accountability.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) Plan. Please send resume today.
We are an Affirmative Action Participant and Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Since our firm's inception, our engineering services have included mechanical, electrical, plumbing design, and field services. Our company’s roots in field services date back to 1988 when we provided field testing and system integration for pharmaceutical production, research labs, and data centers.
Our firm is certified by NEBB, providing our clients assurance that their project will be completed to NEBB standards even if they have to bring in another certified firm to complete the project. Additionally, NEBB training is second to none, and the certification process is rigorous to ensure our firm meets the standards developed by NEBB over its 40 year history. When you hire a NEBB certified firm, you can have confidence knowing that the staff is trained at the highest levels, and all equipment calibration is certified.
Our Technical Commissioning Team provides building commissioning, retro-commissioning, start–up testing, measurement and verification, and energy management services. This includes all technical commissioning services required for a LEED certification.
Role: HVAC TAB Technician
Location: League City,
Apply for this job now.