CalWest client schools in the San Francisco Bay Area, consisting of private, independent, and charter schools, are preparing to look for driven and energetic Biology, Chemistry or Physics teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.
Become a candidate with CalWest today and get a head start in being considered for one of the teaching positions that we expect to become available shortly.
Successful science teacher candidates have:
- a deep knowledge in their science subject matter (biology, chemistry, and/or physics)
- are capable of teaching in a diverse setting while ensuring students remain engaged, interested and challenged in the classroom
- the ability to differentiate and teaching techniques based on individual student’s learning styles so each student is appropriately challenged and engaged
- experience integrating up-to-date technology in the classroom
- excellent communication and collaboration skills, creativity, and a high degree of self-direction and flexibility
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degrees preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience teaching in middle school or high school or a combination
- Independent or Private School experience is beneficial
- Desire to work in private, independent, and charter schools in the western United States
- Willingness to travel for in-person interviews with schools
- International candidates must have U.S. citizenship, a Green Card, family sponsorship, or other prior authorization to work in the United States. We are generally unable to assist candidates who require employer sponsorship in order to obtain a work visa.
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
With team members nationwide, CalWest specializes in the placement of educators and school leaders throughout the western region of the United States. Over the years, we have excelled in building meaningful relationships with candidates and becoming trusted advisors to the independent school community. By partnering with us, you will experience the degree of time, energy, and personal involvement that we devote to each search.
Role: Science Teacher
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.