Sales Support Associate– Chattanooga, TN
Tioga is a privately held supplier of pipe, tubing, fittings, flanges, and related products in chrome-alloy steel, stainless steel, carbon steel and nickel alloy steels primarily servicing the global energy and power generation business. The Company has been in business for over 66 years and is one of the top material suppliers for:
§ Global Power Generation
§ Nuclear Power
§ Oil Refining
§ Gas and Chemical Processing
§ U.S. Military Shipbuilding
Tioga operates from three Regional Centers located in Pennsylvania, Texas and Tennessee where our inventory is among the largest and most comprehensive in the United States. Our core competencies that support our continued success are professional project management, comprehensive inventory, worldwide mill relationships, quality programs and our unsurpassed experience and market knowledge.
Tioga is currently looking for a Sales Support Associate to be located in our Chattanooga office and reporting to the Regional Sales Director. The Sales Support Associate will be responsible for providing daily support to the sales team members. This entry-level sales position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in launching a career in a highly-respected sales organization while learning the essentials of the business.
· Expedite critical orders (Mills/Mfg’s/Tioga warehouses)
· Create customized customer specific document packages including MTR’s, Packings Slips, Invoices, etc.
· Set up logistics for critical orders
· Break up and shop large bid packages
· Enter larger quotes into operating system
· Interface as directed with CRM
· Improve excel bid packages
· Data entry such as new customer details, credits into operating system
· Data entry into Excel spreadsheets along with merging multiple spreadsheets
· Send requests for quotes to multiple vendors and track responses
· Work with multiple departments within Tioga to ensure successful and accurate completion of customers’ orders
· Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Key Position Skills
Strong in Microsoft Excel and comfortable working with large spreadsheets. Good math skills.
Strong customer service skills, personable on the phone with strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and works effectively in a team.
Develops strong interpersonal relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues alike.
Strong sense of urgency, highly reliable and takes pride in accurate work
Analytical, inquisitive with good reasoning abilities.
Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Management discipline or equivalent work experience preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Tioga has a fully competitive compensation package including:
- Performance-oriented incentive program
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans
- 401K with employer match
- Life and Disability Insurance
Tioga Pipe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Sales Support Associate
Apply for this job now.