Job title: Modern Apprenticeship - level 2 Business and Administration
Responsible to: Directors and office manager
Place of work: The normal place of work will be at Munro Business Park, 15 Munro Avenue, Kilmarnock. KA1 2NP.
Main purpose of job: To perform general administrative duties and provide support to all of Fitness Training Scotland’s (FTS) staff as required.
• Writing and dispatching routine or straightforward letters
• Answering general queries by telephone
• Photocopying documents
• Sorting and opening post
• Obtaining information from the computer
• Maintaining records, filing systems and computer files
• Ordering stationery
• Assisting Fitness Training Scotland staff as necessary
• Setting up elearning – online learning for our learners
• Registering learners on their desired qualification
• Making up course portfolio’s and modern apprenticeship brown files (funding paperwork)
• Registering all learners with appropriate qualifications
• Certificating all learners with appropriate qualifications
• Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
These are the key duties and responsibilities for the post of the Modern Apprenticeship (MA). The MA will be allocated with both an assessor (external) and a mentor (internal) to support them through the Modern Apprenticeship. They will be assessed at the workplace on an ongoing basis, providing evidence of their work to help cover the units and elements of the Administration qualification.
The SVQ is about following routine procedures in an office, supporting work procedures and understanding how to communicate in a business environment. It involves a greater range of activities with some degree of complexity and limited autonomy. Mandatory units cover undertaking allocated work, communicating and
managing own performance in a business environment. There is a wide range of optional units including
document production, supporting events, meetings and diaries, customer service, IT and various specialist
Salary and benefits:
The modern apprenticeship rate of pay is £3.90 per hour, this rate will only be until the MA completes the Modern Apprenticeship. Thereafter the rate of pay will increase.
FTS encourage our staff to develop their skills and knowledge and we support their development by utilising
the courses that we deliver.
Working days are Monday -Friday.
Working hours are 9am – 5pm, two 15min breaks one in the morning and one in the afternoon, the lunch
break is 30mins.
Holiday entitlement will be the statutory holiday entitlement. This is currently 28 days each holiday year.
The following 8 bank/public holidays are included in the holiday entitlement: New Years Day, Good Friday,
Easter Monday, May Day Bank Holiday, Monday Spring Bank Holiday, Monday Late Summer Bank Holiday,
Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Payment for holidays will be at the normal rate of pay.