An opportunity to join our hugely talented and successful Disney Consumer Products design team in Hammersmith, working exclusively on Disney Store softlines. This is a permanent, office -based position.
More details about the role:
Enhance and grow the Disney Store softlines business through outstanding trend and consumer-right commercial, creative solutions, keeping our character equity and storytelling front of mind, helping to build the softlines business and increase visibility overall of the wider Disney Brand.
- Working with the Design Manager, develop creative assets that will enable growth for relevant Disney franchises from conception through to artwork development and distribution
- Deliverables include; trend research, initial concepts through to final artworked style guides, including patterns/borders, graphics/identity, icons, placement designs, imagery, compelling product visuals, copywriting, NPD pitches to new partners and dedicated Core category toolkits
- Work closely with other consumer segment and product design teams to ensure creative alignment and support on wider projects
- Ensure all assets are creatively and technically correct before approval by Design Manager and other key stakeholders
- Lead contribution to developing trend boards and new ideas (Ideation) that can add innovation and freshness into future projects, with a view to building on existing strategies
- Maintain full compliance with corporate guidelines and delivering a commitment to producing work, which ensures character and design consistency and integrity
- Build good relationships among the wider creative community, maximising their specialist knowledge in order to create fresh and relevant designs
- Attend trade shows to broaden understanding of the EMEA marketplace seeking out ideas and new creative solutions in order to understand the business better
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions with the internal or external teams
- Provide relevant creative support, e.g. downloading, backing up, archiving, creating digital presentations as required
- Able to create both core design solutions as well as new interpretive and trend-right styles
- Work closely with Product teams, Designers and Artists to ensure character and franchise integrity are maintained and design and art styles work are synchronised
- Work closely with Design Manager and TDSE Buying team to ensure projects are planned effectively to meet deadlines on time and kept within budgets
- Ensure that the agreed projects are successfully executed within budget and on time
The successful candidate will have:
- BA Hons (or similar) in a relevant discipline, eg. Product/Fashion/Print Design or proven design commercial experience in relatable categories especially fashion and/or product design role at a licensee, retail head office or like supplier
- Experience in retail or manufacturing design practise, able to understand how buyers plan ranges and also understand the commercial applications of great product development and graphic design
- Experience of designing programs for licensed products, useful
- Some experience of designing for kids apparel within a European market, useful
- Able to personally create all new graphic design assets from scratch
- Able to translate new concepts into marketable, saleable products
- Fresh and inventive thinker
- Flexible skill-set with ability to work with other consumer segments as needed
- Good level of trend awareness
- Understands and applies colour theory and usage
- Fluent working knowledge in Illustrator & Photoshop and creative suite packages
- Good understanding of all elements of design: illustration, pattern, page layout, colour, product design, trends
Please note all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in place.
See descriptionRole: Softlines Designer, Disney Store Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.