- Do you want to begin a career in education, and are looking to gain invaluable classroom experience?
- Are you looking to gain relevant experience before embarking on a PGCE or relevant qualification?
- Do you have an interest in working with young people, and would like to take on an important support role within a busy secondary school?
A school in Cheshire East is looking for a Teaching Assistant to join the support staff on a temporary basis. This role will focus on offering consistent support and guidance to pupils on both an individual and group basis. Prior experience working within a school is desirable, and those who already hold prior secondary school experience are urged to apply. Those who have worked with children within a youth/community setting, as well as in a sports coaching capacity are also welcomed to apply. This is due to the transferable skills that these applicants should be able to apply to a school setting. This position presents itself as the ideal opportunity for an applicant looking to acquire invaluable secondary school experience.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Being able to display proficiency when managing students who have SEN, as well as those whose primary language may not necessarily be English.
- Working with students to ensure that behaviour expectations are clear, and that pupils are working within the guidelines as expected within the school's policy.
- Being able to efficiently perform within the recommendations as made by Ofsted, as well as expectations from the Senior Leadership team.
- Be able to competently aid teaching staff, through the creation of suitable educational material and resources, for both in class tasks as well as homework exercises.
- Working with students on both an individual and group basis.
- Gaining experience across a wide variety of subjects, allowing for the applicant to be able to offer versatility when in the future having to deal with differing subject areas.
The role will begin in Septmeber and will run for the full academic year. The school location in Cheshire East means it is not far from Manchester, as well as large towns such as Warrington, Macclesfield, Nantwich and Crewe. There are several public transport links within close proximity to the school itself. For further information regarding this role, please contact the Manchester East Secondary branch at Teaching Personnel.