I am currently working closely with a GOOD mainstream Primary School near Knaresborough, HG2 who are looking to appoint a specialist teaching assistant to work with pupils in school with special educational needs. The School is well known for their support of children with additional needs and are looking for a teaching assistant to work 1-1 with children who have specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia.
You will be working in class with children across Key Stage 2 during their Literacy lesson supporting them with reading, writing, spelling and grammar. You will be required to work closely with the class teacher and school SENCO to ensure pupils are making good progress and are not falling behind their peers.
Experience of working with children is essential, you must have at least 3 months voluntary or employed experience of working with children of a primary age rage (4-11). A specialism in English would be preferred however this is non-essential.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Working 1-1 with children who struggle in English with spelling, reading, writing and grammar.
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver specific work with pupils.
- Be adaptable and able to support teachers across different classes where needed.
- Liaise with the SENCO to ensure pupils are on track and making good progress.
- Have the ability to guide students in learning without doing work for them.
- Have experience of working with children age 4-11 years old.
- Hold a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
If you think this could be the ideal role for you and are looking to get your foot in the door at a GOOD primary school then please contact Hannah in the Leeds Wakefield Primary team on the details below or visit our website to register your interest.