Are you looking for immediate work and that makes an immediate positive impact? Are you the type of person who loves diversity in your work day? We are now hiring for General Laborers with a real passion for working with their hands to chip in at clients' jobsites. General Laborers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. They are at building, highway, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
The job duties of a General Laborer vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
Laborers and helpers work in all fields of construction, commercial jobs, and other businesses, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more General Laborers like you.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
- There is no minimal educational requirement, but specialized training can help laborers advance
- Experience on commercial construction sites
- Verifiable work history that shows professional skills and experience
- Strong work ethic
- Some assignment have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or d
PeopleReady is a branch of Trueblue a publicly traded company; will help you find the jobs you want, by matching your skills, experience and preferences. Our recruiters and branch staff get to know you and become your career coaches.
We have jobs in a variety of industries with some of the largest companies and most influential brands. We’ll work with you to assess your skills and discuss your dreams. You’ll never pay a fee for our services.
PeopleReady is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law. If required, candidates must be willing to submit to a formal criminal background check and drug screen prior to placement.
Role: Hiring General Labors in Galveston & Brazoria County
Location: Texas City,
Apply for this job now.