Company: PARKER MCCAY P.A.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Parker McCay is seeking to hire an experienced Paralegal in our Real Estate department. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an established and diverse practice. Qualified candidates will be highly organized and be experienced in commercial real estate law. Candidates should possess drive, energy, and high professional standards along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Functions (include but are not limited to):
- Prepare and review commercial real estate closing documents and assist attorneys in preparation for closings, both sales and purchases
- Order and analyze real property, UCC, litigation and judgement searches using online databases and through title companies
- Prepare and file bulk sales notices in connection with real estate and asset transfers
- File UCC Financing Statements and other recording documents with applicable county and state offices
- Liaison to title companies, county clerk's offices, and other external parties including clients, in connection with real estate matters
- Workflow management
- Other duties as reasonably required in pursuit of Firm and client interests
Education and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of commercial real estate experience
- Paralegal certification and qualification as New Jersey notary is preferred, will substitute experience for education
- Capable of working independently and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- A high degree of organization and follow through on tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in commercial loans and residential real estate is a plus
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position within time constraints, with or without interruption
- Proficiency with current MS Office Suite, and document and case management systems
Parker McCay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the maintenance of an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all of the legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and/or expression are strictly prohibited.