COMPANY: FLINT BISHOP SOLICITORS
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the firm's Employment team, one of the largest and fastest-growing in the East Midlands.
Our Employment team is recommended by The Legal 500 for the advice that they provide to “an impressive list of regional and national businesses on contentious and non-contentious employment matters”.
The appointment will be ideal for someone looking to develop their career in Employment, working alongside a team of ten. The Employment team is comprised of two partners, one senior associate, three associates and three support staff. This role presents a fantastic opportunity to draw on the combined experience of the senior team members and enjoy fantastic on the job development.
Responsibilities of the Role
The successful candidate will be required to work with all members of the employment team and will report directly to the Head of Department.
They will work with on a mix of contentious and non-contentious matters and this will enable he/she to have the opportunity to be involved in matters for some of our biggest clients.
For the right candidate this is an exciting opportunity to further develop their employment law knowledge and client care skills, working on a variety of employment law matters such as;
- Providing employment law advice to education and commercial clients
- Drafting advice reports other documentation such as settlement agreements
- Assisting clients with HR processes and procedures
- Handling cases through tribunal proceedings
- Providing support on employment issues arising in transactions
- Will ideally have 6* months plus of working in Employment Law;
- Will have completed the Legal Practice Course;
- Possess an excellent academic background;
- Be friendly and approachable both with clients and team members and have an appetite for learning and for their own professional development;
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Be highly motivated and have the ability to genuinely add value to the role;
- Be able to demonstrate technical and drafting skills;
- Be commercially orientated with a commitment to innovation;
- Enjoy working in a culture that is highly focused, busy but friendly and supportive; and
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in networking and business development.
*this is only a guideline and does not preclude applications from candidates who have more or less relevant experience
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
Role: Employment Paralegal
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Derby, Derbyshire, Derbyshire
Apply for this job now.