Teacher of Mathematics
Southampton Secondary School
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Contract: Full Time
Teaching Personnel are looking to appoint an engaging and passionate Mathematics teacher to work at one of our partner schools commencing in September 2021. The post is a full-time role.
The partner school located in Southampton is an ambitious and inspiring place for staff and students alike. With great emphasis on a personalised curriculum and focus on each child achieving their full potential, the school is looking for the right member of staff to join their successful Mathematics team. A mixed comprehensive of approximately 900 pupils, the school presents a variety of ethnic backgrounds and children from different challenging socio-economic areas. Their aim is to install the confidence and belief in all learners to break down these backgrounds and to achieve their goals and aims both academically and personally.
The Mathematics department consists of seven members of full-time staff in various stages of their career. In addition to the full time members of staff, the department also utilises other part time staff members to support their curriculum delivery. The department works closely as a team, ensuring that all planning and schemes of work are completed together. Innovative ideas to curriculum delivery are always welcomed in order to ensure the department is supplying quality and engaging lessons for all learners. Department meetings are held weekly to ensure that training is up together and that ideas are being shared.
- An NQT or qualified Teacher of Mathematics
- A Teacher of Mathematics that can take on a full-time role
- Able to deliver both Key Stage 3 & 4 Mathematics
- Passionate about the delivery of Mathematics
- To have a high expectation of pupils to ensure all pupils are reaching their capabilities
- The ability to communicate well with staff, students and parents
- The flexibility to deliver online lessons should anything further arise in regards to school closures
- The need to be agile and adaptable in the delivery of Mathematics for specific learners