This direct hire opportunity is with a stable, growing company located in Warsaw, IN.
This position is a combination of equally weighted Quality Assurance, Supplier Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement Engineering functions. Focus on being an organizational leader identifying, investigating and resolving continuous improvement activities, both systemic and acute. Lead and train global supply chain personnel to ensure qualified processes and product, while continually reinforcing Lean tool application. Provide training, support, and leadership for cross-functional problem solving activities and methods.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Provide support in defining and training teams on appropriate process improvement and problem solving tools and methodologies such at Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, Kaizen Events, Polka-yolk, Kanban, and Cellular Manufacturing.
· Problem solving leadership, training, and coaching via 5 Why, 8 Step, DMAIC, A3, and Kaizen Events.
· Train improvement teams in Lean transformation philosophy, approach, activity, and appropriate transformation tools.
· Serve as corporate resource for work planning and leading significant scope project management functions.
· Monitor customer feedback and internal notifications for high priority issues; facilitate the investigation, disposition and corrective action activities as appropriate based on the nature of the issues.
· Analyze all forms of quality and process information to determine continuous improvement opportunities and systemic process improvements.
· Provide support, and back-up for personnel responsible for performing various operational activities as needed to support our continuous improvement and problem solving methodologies.
· Train and mentor operations personnel worldwide on company quality processes, problem solving methodologies and other Lean tool applications.
· Maintain the necessary documentation for corrective and preventive action, receiving inspection, and product audit activities including process flow charts, procedures, work instructions, forms, records, and training as appropriate
· Provide reports and analysis to business units regarding the quality of product and process capability.
· Assist with the creation, development, and implementation of company processes and procedures.
· Perform thorough and professional supplier certification, qualification and surveillance audits, including detailed developmental work globally.
· Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree or other related technical degree with a minimum eight (8) years of experience in quality or manufacturing engineering, or combination of relevant education and experience
· Minimum five (5) years of experience leading problem solving teams in a manufacturing environment.
· Six Sigma Green belt certified
· Experience with SAP quality module
· Six Sigma black belt certification or equivalent
· Mandarin spoken or written
Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Role: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Apply for this job now.