We are hiring for a leader in the biotechnology space in South San Francisco!
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in contract drafting and management, preferably with a legal education (Paralegal or JD) who has a good grasp on legal concepts (Intellectual Property, Confidentiality, Indemnification, etc.). Additionally, this person will ideally have a demonstrated history of strong negotiation skills and should be able to make recommendations on legal positions
Biotech experience is a huge plus!!
- Conduct compliant, thorough and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of moderate to complex contractual documents.
- Negotiate the best contract terms possible, taking into consideration risk exposure and risk tolerance by the requesting department.
- Advise and influence stakeholders and DevSci leadership on contractual and business terms, and process efficiencies.
- Proactively lead process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline processes, systems, tools and other resources.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Act as a resource within the group, train other Contract Professionals on group/departmental processes and operational activities, and customer specific processes.
- Deliver effective presentations to stakeholder groups and DevSci leadership that build understanding of contract purpose and process in addition to providing information on areas of concern and/or needed attention.
- Manage special projects as necessary, independently determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Maintain records of executed contracts and respond to audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Legal or related discipline, or equivalent education plus experience.
- Minimum 8 years contract management and/or comparable role.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage ever-changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of customer focus and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- CONTRACT DRAFTING
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- TEAM PLAYER
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
- VENDOR AGREEMENTS
- VENDOR CONTRACTS
Come Get Swooned!!
Swoon Staffing handles the staffing needs of over 80 Fortune 500 clients.
We have won Best Staffing Agency to Work for in both 2014, 2015, & 2016 - as awarded by Monster.com
Swoon was also awarded the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S. in 2016
See for yourself! Glassdoor reviews - #removed#/Reviews
Role: Sr. Contract Associate
Location: South San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.