SwimUSA designs, markets and manufactures womens swimwear for consumers around the world. Our long-term success was founded on the principles of delivering high quality apparel, superior customer service and a strong team-oriented culture. We pride ourselves on being a leader in the industry.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an Assistant Production Manager to manage production needs between sales, design, and manufacturing entities overseas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing of fabric and trims per design requests.
- Create and manage Time and Action Calendars for all accounts, or lines, each season.
- Attend production planning meetings. Actively participate, if not lead in the discussions arising from the plan (problems and solutions.)
- Issue purchase orders to the sourced factories and supply the necessary data into Blue Cherry.
- Costing: negotiate and find prices from vendors that fit into the margin goals set by the company.
- Review and approve customer compliance requirements, which includes labels, tickets, packaging, QC requirements etc.
- Issue reports to managers and agents to communicate work in process in order to ensure that schedules are met.
- Blue Cherry: input data to maintain style data base.
- Review and approve vendor invoice payments.
- All other duties as assigned by Product Manager.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however, will consider job experiences.
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in production with participation in sourcing process.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and follow up skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- The ability to work with Asian suppliers after work hours via phone or email.
SWIM USA is an EOE