Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a revolutionary Medical Device company to identify a Senior Accountant to join their team. This is an add to staff due to the phenomenal growth of the company over the past year.
Highlights of the Senior Accountant opportunity:
- Established nearly 15 years ago, our client is a publicly-traded medical device company focused on advancing the science of precision health.
- Since the launch of their medical device in 2013, their revenue has grown each year and it more than doubled from FY 2019 to FY 2020. This increase is due to their response to the pandemic crisis as well as advancements with Alzheimer's therapies.
- Highly entrepreneurial/fast-paced environment with unlimited visibility to executive management. I have worked with the company since the early days and have assisted with the build-out of the team. The individuals whom I have placed are still with the company and have been promoted.
- Due to the size of the company, this role will have the ability to wear multiple hats and be exposed to challenging and exciting work that you may not see in a larger company.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in the monthly revenue close process.
- Participate in routine close activities, including invoicing audits, preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and related fluctuation analysis.
- Coordinate, process, and track outstanding customer orders.
- Process and distribute customer invoices.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to create repeatable and scalable revenue and billing processes.
- Work closely with customers and other departments on billing/revenue issues.
- Assist in researching accounting guidance and documenting positions on revenue transactions.
- Provide support for the quarterly and annual financial statement audits.
- Collaborate with Legal and Sales, to ensure proper revenue accounting treatment under ASC 606.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 3+ years of revenue experience preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience preferred preferably within a public company environment or a large regional or Big Four accounting firm.
- Ability to assess and analyze ASC 606 impact on revenue for sales agreements.