JOB TITLE:SHIFT SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: HOUSING AND SERVICES - SECURITY
SUMMARY: Perform responsible work involving a variety of specialized assignment in a homeless shelter; does related work as required. Shift Supervisor reports to the Security Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train new security employees in all aspects of the facility.
- Maintain level of expectation of requirements for security office and traffic intervention.
- Assist Facility Manager, preparing and executing fire drills (as well as fires) or in other cases.
- Make rounds randomly through the facility (interior and exterior) for surveillance of hazardous situations, trespassers, illegal activities, etc.
- Respond by phone or in person to request for assistance form Shift Supervisors at other locations.
- Complete assigned paper work responsibilities i.e.,log, incident reports, CPS reports and all other reports.
- Monitor reception area and security at front desk area daily.
- Maintain safety and security of clients and staff.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Enforce drug free workplace policy and no smoking rules.
- Attend and conduct various meetings and training's as needed.
- Back-up Security Manager as directed.
- Check inventory of equipment daily.
- Provided leadership in emergency situations within the security department.
- Fulfills all job responsibilities of a Client Care Monitor.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Associates Degree in social services, criminology or related field; or equivalent experience required. Must possess a general knowledge of security systems. Ability to solve problems; ability to make decisions based on factual information a must. Shift Supervisor must own their own vehicle and have knowledge of public transportation system. A home phone number is mandatory. Must be flexible on days and hours of availability.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR