We are looking for an ambitious entry-level IT Ops Technician for our IT and Operations departments in Richmond, VA. This will be a multi-team position encompassing the IT environment and telephony system at a growing financial technology firm.
The willingness to hit the ground running and wear multiple hats is necessary to this job. It requires someone who is organized, efficient, and can troubleshoot on their own within their sphere of knowledge and expertise. In addition, this person will learn new systems and hardware quickly to meet the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be able to understand problems put forth by non-IT users and research and solve problems without clear initial resolutions. Professional written and oral communication, concise and clear documentation, and soft skills matter to this position as much as technical ability.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience at a growing, progressive company.
Essential Job Functions
Qualified candidates will be responsible for the following objectives:
- Monitor and resolve help desk requests. Employee will need a strong background in Windows 10 from a desktop perspective and associated skills.
- Computer imaging and deployment
- Printer installation and management
- Desktop networking basics
- Computer hardware upgrade and repair
- User account management
- All associated troubleshooting
- Assist our remote staff via telephone and with various remote access software
- Manage asset inventory and off-site disaster recovery storage
- Document processes to catalog solutions for future reference
- Support current IT staff in day-to-day operations of system, network and admin responsibilities
- Perform weekly tests on all telephony numbers, including Toll Free Numbers, DID phone numbers and other corporate phone numbers tied to marketing and sales campaigns.
- Program updates to the Auto-Attendant by using flow chart, script and MS Office tools to document changes, deploy in software suite and then test and observe production environment to ensure they were successful. Participate in a formal change management process surrounding this objective.
- Partner and work with hosted Telephony provider to work trouble tickets, fix defects, identify and execute changes to the system that benefit the business and ensure continuity. Escalate problems and articulate them clearly to management when this process breaks down. Maintain ownership of the process from end to end.
- Troubleshoot, support and execute maintenance on desktop telephony applications for end users.
- Research, document and rollout sound settings on desktops, hardware and headset assets to ensure that end users of telephony have optimum experience
- Ability to lift standard computing hardware up to 50lbs and connect cables under desks
- Excellent customer service skills with active follow up and a sense of urgency to your tasks
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by management
- 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent education Certifications desired: CompTIA A+, Net+, MCP/MCSA in Office365;candidate must be able to provide proof of certification
- Working understanding of basic IT terms and concepts including (but not limited to) those related to networking, cloud computing, software development, Windows systems administration and IT Security.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook
· Experience with Active Directory, or Azure AD management
· Experience with Office 365 admin across all areas: Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive
· Experience with VoIP Telephony and/or call center environments.
· IT Security knowledge including best practices and/or basic certification.
· experience supporting executive and technical users.
Paymerang provides electronic payment solutions for clients around the country in education, healthcare, media, manufacturing, services and beyond. Paymerang processes over $1.5 billion in payments annually to a network of over 50,000 suppliers from coast to coast, with 75% receiving electronic payments over traditional checks.
Like a boomerang, Paymerang is all about reciprocal actions. You pay out money, and money comes back to you.
To learn more about Paymerang, visit paymerang.com.
We Have Great Benefits!
*15 days PTO + 10 paid holidays
*Health insurance: we pay 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums
* 401(k) plan with a 6% non-elective match: You get the money no matter what!
*Maternity and paternity leave: because both moms and dads are parents
*Life Balance: We know how to work hard and play hard
Paymerang is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Role: IT Operations Technician
Apply for this job now.