Position Title: Purchasing Coordinator
- Party & Events Industry
Position Tasks & Activities:
· Determine merchandise stock levels with department managers.
· Review equipment recommendations with department managers and General Manager.
· Maintains purchasing records and vendor catalogs.
· Process equipment and merchandise purchases, sometimes under emergency situations.
· Must maintain positive relationship with vendors.
· Researches and contacts new vendors.
· Facilitate sub-rental of products.
· Facilitate sub-contracted services.
· Receives shipments of equipment and merchandise. Cross-references with purchase order.
· Verifies fire retardant certificates and warranties arrive with equipment.
· Maintains fire retardant certificates and warranties.
· Inputs new equipment and merchandise in inventory software
· Prepares new equipment with company labels and “Ready-to-Rent” tags.
· Report safety violations to Director of Operations.
· Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
· Network with other industry professionals.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
· Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
· Attend department, store and safety meetings.
· Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Uses administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as inventory control, word processing, and filing and records management. Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of situations, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive opinions concerning equipment and merchandise purchases. Must be able to use mathematics to calculate purchasing price.
Most work will be indoors with general office and warehouse conditions. This job requires constant interaction with co-workers and with vendors. Must be comfortable with speaking on the telephone and using a computer for inventory control and Internet research. Must be able to work with the pressures of time constraints.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED plus two years experience associated with purchasing, accounting, budgeting or storekeeping functions or a two-year post-high school diploma from an accredited college, university or business school.
· Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
· Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
· Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
· Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
· Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
· Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Atlas Event Rental has been a leader in the full service event rental industry for over 33 years. We pride ourselves in a quality merchandise and unparalleled customer service. Based in the belief that your event is THE event, we make it our top priority to make sure that everything you want you have and everything you need is there. Specializing in fashion-forward product selection, we offer the perfect selection of chargers, chinaware, glassware, flatware and linen to meet any need for any occasion. We provide new and updated equipment to ensure that your events, both present and future, will always be flawless.
Role: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Boynton Beach,
Apply for this job now.