We currently have a position for either a General Dentist or a Pediatric Dentist available in the beautiful Appalachian city of Asheville, NC - known for its vibrant arts scene filled with galleries and museums as well as being home of the Biltmore estate. Nestled in the Appalachians, Asheville is an outdoor enthusiasts haven with great hiking trails, kayaking and spectacular waterfall vistas along with great farm to face restaurants and a vibrant music scene.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and licensed dentist to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for the oral health of your patients. You will perform procedures to diagnose and treat cavities, cracked or fractured teeth, and oral diseases. You will also administer medications and anesthetics for tooth extractions, root canals, and other surgical procedures.
Dentist Duties and Responsibilities
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Prescribe antibiotics and pain relieving medications
- Provide patient care for cracked or fractured teeth
- Perform procedures to treat decay and cavities
- Prepare and place fillings
- Examine patients for dental and jaw diagnoses
- Create models for dental appliances
- Perform general dentistry
- Interpret x-rays and diagnostic tests
- Diagnose and treat oral diseases
- Create detailed treatment plans for patients
- Perform surgical procedures on teeth, bone, and soft tissues
- Educate patients on aftercare and answer questions
Dentist Requirements and Qualifications
- D.D.S. or D.M.D. from a school accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and American Dental Association.
- Licensed or able to get license to practice in the state of NC
- Certification in CPR.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Computer skills; Dentrix Enterprise software
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Compassionate and caring of patients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment.
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude.
- Complies with all office, local, state, and American Dental Association regulations, protocols, and procedures.
Interested ..... continue reading