We have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Management Accountant to join our team based in Lancing. We will offer you a competitive salary of £29,326 per annum.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Assistant Management Accountant Role:
This permanent role is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant to learn about accounting in the insurance industry and to work with Scouts in the Finance Unity Insurance department.
The Team works very closely together and roles are cross trained in order to provide internal team support and community spirit. It also offers a broader knowledge of the functions of the department and its relationship to other departments and the business as a whole.
You will be given support for further study to gain professional qualification to become a qualified Accountant. Most of the team have 14+ years of knowledge&experience working for Scouts in the Finance team. You will work on our international brand World Scout Shop and have the opportunity to learn about accounting in the insurance industry working with Unity Insurance.
Key responsibilities as our Assistant Management Accountant:
- Support Purchase ledger Clerk with Invoice registration&approval
- Support the Assistant accountant with BACS payments
- Providing information and support for the year-end audit both internally and to the external auditors.
- Investigating variances and responding to queries.
- Providing detailed commentaries on both Monthly and YTD performance.
- Supporting the Assistant Financial Controller in adhoc projects.
- Assist with IT projects&system developments as a finance member stakeholder.
- Assist with preparing monthly Management and P&L postings
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations monthly, Accruals&Prepayments, Journal reconciliation&posting,
What we are looking for in our Assistant Management Accountant:
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Good level of knowledge of accounting practices
- Knowledge&understanding of VAT&VAT reporting
- Part/full qualification in AAT/CIMA Or Qualification in a similar
- Good oral&written communication
- Flexible approach to changing business priorities
What we can offer you as our Assistant Management Accountant:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas&New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Monday, 6th June 2022, 11:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.