- Repairs or replaces defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools; reassembles equipment.
- Performs scheduled and routine preventive maintenance to ensure that fracturing equipment continues to run smoothly, maintains equipment to repair or replace defective parts on diesel engines, transmissions, and pumps.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components.
- Diagnose electronic problems and determine how to correct them, checking wiring schematics, repair manuals, and part catalogs as necessary.
- Test equipment at OEM facilities prior to dispatch to the field ensuring all equipment meets PTL specifications.
- Document all testing of electronic equipment for each repair or new build piece of equipment.
- Compile information from walk-through assessments to proactively resolve any issues in order to maintain world-class facilities.
- Coordinate needed repairs, manage component replacement, and work with inventory specialist to have inventory of components on hand.
- Available for call-outs (24 hours a day; evenings/nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Travel will be required for (but not limited to) meetings, training, seminars, work at well site, etc., which may be overnight, day(s) week, etc.
- Employee must be willing to work overtime as needed/required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with PTL Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
- Broad knowledge of diesel powered equipment and mechanical aptitude necessary to perform primary functions of disassembly, assembly, test and repairs.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and specifications to maintain standardization of fracturing equipment.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job. Knowledge of hydraulic or hydraulic applications as controlled by electronic components and systems.
- Knowledge of equipment functionality and control systems.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, recognizing there is a problem.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Any associate who drives a company or personal vehicle for Company business must possess a valid driver's license and follow all guidelines that are outlined in the Company's Fleet Policy.
- Valid state-issued US Driver's License.
At Patterson-UTI, you will work with industry leaders, skilled engineers and trained operators as you apply your talents to shape the next phase of the oil and gas industry. We believe in the collective power of individuals working as one to achieve extraordinary results.
Our employees hold the key to our success, and we take pride in recruiting the industry’s best — those who accelerate progress and turn ideas into action. Apply today for a rewarding career that not only values ambition, teamwork and leadership, but also provides opportunities for training, advancement and achievement.
Role: Rebuild Mechanic
Location: El Reno,
Apply for this job now.