Company: DAN SCHANTZ FARM & GREENHOUSES LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
WORK INDEPENDENTLY WITH LIVE PLANTS!!!
"GIG" work starting immediately!!
Interview by phone! Complete new hire paperwork online! Train digitally!
Dan Schantz has IMMEDIATE openings for seasonal work that is mostly outside with limited personal interaction!
- Do you want to earn some extra $$$?
- Would you enjoy working outdoors with plants?
- Would you like a seasonal position that may fit in around YOUR schedule?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may have the job for you!!!
The Dan Schantz Merchandising Program offers …
- Seasonal Work!
- Flexible Hours!
- We have first and second shift work hours available 7 days a week.
- We will do our best to create a work schedule that is a fit for you!
- Competitive Hourly Rate!
- Onsite Training Paid at Full Pay Rate!
- Weekly Pay!
This is a GREAT opportunity for earning extra $$$!!!
We expect to fill this position quickly! Don't miss out!
Read the description below. If it sounds like a fit for you, APPLY TODAY!!!
Seasonal Merchandiser Overview
Dan Schantz Farm & Greenhouses (DSFG) supplies select large retailers with a variety of annual live plants across the Northeast portion of the United States. In Pennsylvania, DSFG offers our customers a service program to train and assist their store associates with the care, maintenance, and general merchandising of all subclasses of their live plants from multiple suppliers. Merchandisers work seasonally, and the duration of each season varies due to weather. Merchandisers will be employed by and represent DSFG in customer retail locations. Seasonal Merchandisers do not sell anything and are paid an hourly rate.
Seasonal Merchandiser Job Requirements
- Daily store visits and product merchandising through DSFG operational instruction
- Assist stores with understanding and following their Garden Center layouts, best watering and merchandising practices, audit pricing and signage
- Assist with inventory control, zone out low vigor plants, rotate in new material
- Help set up live goods displays, maintain merchandising plan per DSFG instruction
- Follow all directives as given by Supervisor and Regional Manager
- Visit one store per day, unless otherwise approved and dictated by Supervisor or Regional Manager
- Communicate with DSFG Supervisor daily
- Comfortable communicating with garden department management, working with associates, and building strong relationships at the store level
- Ability to maintain a flexible hourly work schedule as seasonal labor demands change
- Complete any task directed by DSFG
- Must have a smartphone
Seasonal Merchandiser Physical Demands
- Must be able to spend a majority of working hours on your feet
- Must be able to lift, move, carry - pots and/or trays of flowers and hanging baskets weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to push, pull rolling shipping carts
- Will spend a majority of work hours in retail store garden centers (these will be outdoor structures) in varying weather conditions